Notifications are optional alerts sent to another source (e.g., email, PagerDuty, OpsGenie) when an event occurs. You will only receive notifications from policies that have a notification(s) configured.
Netuitive offers integrations with a few different notification types. To see how to create notifications in Netuitive, jump to creating notifications; otherwise, click one of the cards below to jump to hooking up the notification type to Netuitive:
Creating notifications is a two-step process:
- Choose a notification to add to your account via the Account Profile settings.
- Configure the notification and save it.
Step 1: Choose a notification
Set up notifications by opening the desired policy in Policy Editor. To enable or disable existing notifications, see Enabling and disabling notifications.
- In the Policy Editor, under Notifications, click Add Notification.
- Select the desired notification type.
- Once a type is selected, choose a notification you have set up for the selected type. You can also create a new notification directly from here.
- Select how often—between 5 minutes and 24 hours or never—the policy should re-notify you if a policy is creating events.
- Enable Notify on Clear if you'd like to receive a notification when the policy stops triggering.
- Save the policy.
- From the user account drop-down menu, select Notifications.
- Open the desired notification.
- Select (or clear) the Enabled checkbox.
- Click Save.