You are here:... (Miscellaneous) > Notifications > HipChat
Setting up a new Hipchat notification is a two-step process:
- Generate a Hipchat Room token
- Link the created Hipchat room with Netuitive
Note Netuitive uses version 2 of the HipChat authentication API. See HipChat's Rest API documentation for more info.
Step 1: Generate a room token
- Log in to your Hipchat account at hipchat.com.
- Navigate to the Rooms section.
- Under My Rooms, select or create the desired room.
- On the left panel, select Tokens.
- Type a Label for the room, then click Create to generate a token.
Step 2: Link the room with Netuitive
- After clicking Add Hipchat, ensure the Enabled checkbox is selected.
- Copy the room name and token to the corresponding fields.
- Click Test and Save.
Note If the test is unsuccessful, an error message will appear noting what went wrong with the test.