The physical or logical components that Netuitive monitors are called elements. An element can be a physical entity, such as a server or network element, a virtual entity, such as a transaction, or a business entity, such as a company traded on the stock market. Elements are the base component that Netuitive uses to analyze metrics and determine the status of your environment.
All elements share the following characteristics:
- A unique name and identifier in Netuitive.
- Descriptive attributes, or characteristics, assigned by an integration.
- Events that are triggered when the conditions in policies are met.
- A tag or tags used to label and organize elements.
- An element type, usually assigned by an integration.
An attribute is a property or characteristic that describes an element. Having attributes gives you access to more statistical data that can be used to troubleshoot issues. Most elements receive attributes from their integration.
Each element has a type that determines how it is processed and represented by Netuitive. Element type is also used as a filter in list pages in the UI. The types of elements in your environment will vary based on the integration that you use.
|Integration||Element Type in Netuitive|