Webhooks are an HTTP/HTTPS callback request sent to a desired URL in response to some event, which could be pushing code to a repository or a comment being posted in an online community. A Webhook integration can be used to generate external events in Netuitive's Event Explorer, meaning you could create policies based on the content of those messages.
Setting up a Webhook integration is a one-step process:
- Copy the unique API key from the Webhook integration in your account.
Step 1: Copy the API key from the Webhook integration in your account
- From the top navigation menu, select Integrations.
- Select the Webhook card. The name should be already populated, and Data Collection should be enabled. A unique API key for your account has already been generated.
- Select an element from your inventory to associate the Webhook events with.
- Post to Netuitive's API using the URL included in the instructions. See the Webhook API documentation for more information.
Netuitive recommends using your Webhook external events as a basis for a policy using external event conditions. See our external event policy documentation for more information.