You are here:Integrations > RabbitMQ
Rabbit MQ is a message broker that manages queues between message producers and consumers. Netuitive can be used to monitor your RabbitMQ server's queuing performance. Additional configuration options are available below the instructions.
Important If you haven't installed the Linux agent already, see the instructions on this page for how to install it. If you need to disable the Linux integration or view the unique API key assigned to your account, navigate to the Integrations page under the user account drop-down menu and click the integration designated as Infrastructure under the Integration column.
Important Before editing the configuration file, you should verify the RabbitMQ management module is enabled. If the module is not enabled, do the following:
- If the package is installed globally, type this into your command prompt:
rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
- If the package is installed in a directory, type this into your command prompt instead:
/usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
- Navigate to the collectors folder.Note The default location is /opt/netuitive-agent/conf/collectors.
- Open the RabbitMQCollector.conf file.Note This configuration file will only be available in agent versions 0.3.1 or later. Otherwise, you will have to create a configuration file with the same name.
- Change the enabled setting to True.
- Replace the default host address and/or port number if necessary.
- Replace the user and password settings with the appropriate values.
- Optionally, change the cluster value to false if you aren't using a cluster or do not wish to collec several additional cluster metrics.
- Adjust the metrics_blacklist value using regex to exclude metrics that you do not want to collect.
- Save the file, and restart the Linux Agent.
Additional Configuration Options
|enabled||False||Enable collecting RabbitMQ metrics.|
|host||127.0.0.1:15672||Hostname and port to collect from.|
|user||guest||User name authentication for RabbitMQ.|
|password||guest||Password authentication for RabbitMQ.|
|replace_dot||'_'||A value to replace the "." in queue names and vhosts names. This option helps Netuitive's metadata usage if you use dots in your queue naming convention.|
|cluster||True||If this node is part of a cluster, the collector will collect metrics on the cluster health.|
|metrics_blacklist||".*-test__[abc]-.*"||Regex list to match metrics to block. Mutually exclusive with metrics_whitelist option.|
|byte_unit||Default numeric output(s).|
|measure_collector_time||Measure the collector's run time in milliseconds.|
|metrics_whitelist||Regex list to match metrics to transmit. Mutually exclusive with metrics_blacklist option.|
|queues||List of queues to publish. Leave empty to publish all.|
|queues_ignored||A list of queues or regexes for queue names not to report on.|
|vhosts||A list of vhosts and queues to collect.
Important If a vhosts section exists but is empty, then no queues will be polled.