Process Resources Collector
The ProcessResourcesCollector can be used to collect CPU- and Memory-type metrics on a per-process level. Additional configuration options are available below the instructions.
- Navigate to the collectors folder.Note The default location is /opt/netuitive-agent/conf/collectors.
- Open the ProcessResourcesCollector.conf file.
- Change the enabled setting to True.
- For each process you'd like to monitor, include the following below the [process] section:
[[process_name]] name = ".*regex-statement.*"
...where process_name is the name of the process you want to monitor and .*regex-statement.* is the proper "name contains" regular expression syntax used to capture the process's metrics.Example(s) The below snippet details how to capture NGINX process metrics using a regex statement for names that begin with "nginx":
[[nginx]] name = "^nginx"
- Save the configuration file, and restart the Linux Agent.
Additional Configuration Options
|enabled||False||Enable collecting these metrics.|
|A subcategory of settings inside of which each collected process has its configuration.|
|byte_unit||Default numeric output(s).|
|cmdline||Regex that matches the full command line process name (including all the options).
|exe||Regex that matches the executable file that's used to run the process.
|measure_collector_time||Measure the collector's run time in milliseconds.|
|metrics_blacklist||Regex list to match metrics to block. Mutually exclusive with metrics_whitelist option.|
|metrics_whitelist||Regex list to match metrics to transmit. Mutually exclusive with metrics_blacklist option.|
|unit||The unit of the memory data collected.|