You are here:Events > Event Explorer
Event Explorer allows you to view, search, and analyze events.
Tip If one of your policies is particularly noisy, you can delete all events associated with the policy. See Editing a Policy for more information.
Image Click the icon to expand an image outlining the basic layout of the Event Explorer.
Refer to the image above when reading the following:
- Search: Contains several filters where you can search for Event (i.e. the policy that created the event), event category, source (Netuitive or External), element, element type, Element tag, and/or Event tag. Expand the More filter to see additional filters; select a filter to add it to the list of active filters. For more information on creating event tags, see External Events.
- Events list: The Events list lists events by the date and time they occurred, the name of the policy that generated the event, the event category, the source of the event (Netuitive or External), the name of the element(s) to which they are associated, and the type of the element(s) to which they are associated. Click the name of the policy in the Event column to view the violating metrics on the Metrics page (source = Netuitive) or the event message (source = External). Click the Element's name to view the element's Element Detail panel. You can also navigate to Policy Editor to edit the policy associated with the event by clicking the Event name (events from Netuitive only).
- Events graph: The Events graph displays the events in your environment based on the Time Frame setting and other search filters. Click an event to have the option of viewing the violating metrics on the Metrics page or edit the policy the event is associated with.
- Time Frame: The Time Frame controls the range of data displayed. To refresh data, click the refresh button.Selecting "1w" in the Time Frame displays the most recent week of data and/or elements. By selecting "Ending Now," you can specify a range of data beginning with a date other than today. For more information, see Time Frame.
Navigating to a metric chart from the Event Explorer
- Click a Netuitive-based event. A menu will display.
- Click View Violating Metrics.
The Metrics page opens with the metric chart displaying only the metrics that were referenced in the policy that generated the event.
Zooming in on the Events graph
- Click and drag across a region of the Events graph.
Tip To reset the zoom on the Events graph, click Reset on the Events graph.