Event Explorer allows you to view, search, and analyze events.
To begin searching for events with Event Explorer, use the Search panel to narrow your results, use the Events graph to zoom in on specific events, or adjust the range of event data shown by editing the Time Frame setting.
The layout of the Event Explorer page is shown below.
Refer to the image above when reading the following:
- Search: The Search panel allows you to filter the events displayed in the Events graph and the Event list. You can filter by Event (i.e. the policy that created the event), event category, source (Netuitive or External), element, element type, Element tag, and/or Event tag. For more information on creating event tags, see External Events.
- Events list: The Events list lists events by the date and time they occurred, the name of the policy that generated the event, the event category, the source of the event (Netuitive or External), the name of the element(s) to which they are associated, and the type of the element(s) to which they are associated. Click the Date/Time of the event to view the violating metrics on the Metrics page, or click the Element's name to view the element's Element Detail panel. You can also navigate to Policy Editor to edit the policy associated with the event by clicking the Event name.
- Events graph: The Events graph displays the events in your environment based on the Time Frame setting and other search filters. Click an event to have the option of viewing the violating metrics on the Metrics page or edit the policy the event is associated with.
- Time Frame: The Time Frame controls the range of data displayed. To refresh data, click the refresh button.Selecting "1w" in the Time Frame displays the most recent week of data and/or elements. By selecting "Ending Now," you can specify a range of data beginning with a date other than today. For more information, see Time Frame.
- Click an event. A menu will display.
- Click View Violating Metrics.
The Metrics page opens with the metric chart displaying only the metrics that were referenced in the policy that generated the event.
- Click and drag across a region of the Events graph.